FOCUS AND SCOPE
Calathu: Jurnal Ilmu Komunikasi opens opportunities for researchers to write research papers in the scope of communication science, topics are not limited and varied, ranging from media and cultural studies, advertising, broadcasting, journalism, public relations, integrated marketing communications, political economy of communication, ethics and philosophy of communication, media literacy, political communication, tourism communication, cross-cultural communication, public policy communication, visual communication, interpersonal and organizational communication, as well as audience studies. The manusript is expected to follow the establishment of communication science and be able to encourage the growth of knowledge in the scientific field.
II. GENERAL REQUIREMENT
- Submitted scripts are original works of research results and have novelty, do not contain plagiarism, and the scripts have not been published before or are not in the process of being published in other publications.
- Researchers are required to check the plagiarism of the script that has been written with a maximum limit of 25% and fill in the originality statement blank; if it exceeds the limit, the script will be returned for revision or rejection.
- The language used is Indonesian or English, if using English, researchers are encouraged to have done a proof-reading process.
- Scripts are typed in A4 paper format, Calibri font size 11 pts, 1.15 spacing, with 4 cm left-top margin and 3 cm bottom right, page numbers are placed in the lower right corner, and the length of the text is 15-20 pages.
- Scripts can be uploaded to OJS Calathu: Jurnal Ilmu Komunikasi within this link https://journal.uc.ac.id/index.php/calathu/index and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
III. FORMAT AND CONDITION
- The manuscript must contain these items in consecutive order: Title, Author Name, Name of Institution, Institution Address, Email Address, Indonesian Abstract & keywords, English Abstract & keywords, Introduction, Literature Review, Research Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, and Bibliography.
- The title in Indonesian is not more than 12 words, while in English it is not more than 10 words. The title is written in centered format, in Times New Roman 16 pts font.
- The author's name written without an academic degree, written in bold in Calibri 11 pts. Below the writer’s name is included with the name and address of the institution. If the article is written by team, then the listed institution and address only belong to the first author, while all emails are written down.
- Abstracts are written in Indonesian and English, each abstract containing 75-200 words, followed by 3-5 keywords. The abstract contains background, problem formulation, research objectives, research methods, and discussion.
- The introduction presents the background, scope of research, problem formulation, and research objectives. The introduction is arranged in paragraphs without sub-chapters with a length of 15% of the entire article.
- In the literature review section, it is necessary to include previous research and/or theories that are in accordance with the formulation of the problem and the field under study. The length of the literature review is 20% of the entire article.
- The research method section contains paragraphs explaining the type of research, data sources, data mining techniques, and data processing. The length of the research methods chapter is 15% of the entire article.
- The results and discussions section expose the findings of the research data and then analyzes them based on the researcher's thoughts, both analytically, argumentatively, logically, and critically. The discussions is the discussion section which contains 40% of the entire article.
- Conclusions contain answers to research based on problems that have been formulated, conclusions also contain affirmations and suggestions for further research. The length of the conclusions is 10% of the entire article.
- All reference sources used in articles must be listed in the bibliography. Reference sources can be books, electronic sources, media sources, journals, and reports such as theses and dissertations. Citation is written with enclosed reference technical (name, year). References are written under APA Style 6th edition and are arranged alphabetically.
IV. PEER REVIEW PROCESS
- Plagiarism is a threat to scholarly publishing in general and to Calathu: Jurnal Ilmu Komunikasi in particular. The originality of the submitted work can be assured through plagiarism screening and rejection of suspected material. For maximum effectiveness, all articles submitted to Calathu: Jurnal Ilmu Komunikasi shall be sent to a plagiarism detection process prior to submission using Turnitin with a maximum similarity is 25%.
- Send the manuscript to two reviewers. This journal uses double-blind review system, therefore the author’s identity must be completely removed. The peer review service level agreement is four weeks.
- Reviewers may subject to change based on the availability and the area of expertise.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Under the following terms ShareAlike, if you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original. No additional restrictions, you may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
You are free to:
- Share: copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt: remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Calathu: Jurnal Ilmu Komunikasi is a non-profit oriented publication journal. Therefore, for the publication process, Calathu: Jurnal Ilmu Komunikasi charges no certain fees.