About the Publication
Focus and Scope
VCD aims as a forum for academics, educators, and practitioners from around the world to communicate research papers, conceptual papers, and best practices about the dynamics of the creative industry
Coverage of VCD includes, but is not limited to issues surrounding:
- Graphic design
- Visual Communication
- Comic and Illustration
- Film and Videography
- Design and Culture Study
- Game Design
Peer Review Process
- Plagiarism is a threat to scholarly publishing in general and to Jurnal of Visual Communication Design in particular. The originality of the submitted work can be assured through plagiarism screening and rejection of suspected material. For maximum effectiveness, all articles submitted to Jurnal of Visual Communication Design shall be sent to a plagiarism detection process prior to submission using Turnitin with a maximum similarity is 20%.
- Send the manuscript to two (2) reviewers. This journal uses single-blind review system, therefore the author’s identity must be completely removed. The peer review service level agreement is 4 weeks.
- Reviewers may subject to change based on the availability and the area of expertise.
Jurnal of Visual Communication Design is published biannually, in June and December.
Open Access Policy
Jurnal of Visual Communication Design (ISSN 2548-5342 and e-ISSN 2548-5350) provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Journal Licensing Term
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms: ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original. No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
a. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License - Share Alike that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
b. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
c. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
Under the following terms:
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Jurnal VCD is a non-profit oriented publication journal. Therefore, for the publication process, Jurnal VCD charges certain fees, namely:
1. The published processing fee for articles received is IDR 500.000.
2. Please make sure that your citation is written in the references and your article is written properly before submitting it to
3. Every manuscript submitted is going through a plagiarism scan using Turnitin.
VCD (Journal of Visual Communication Design) is archived on the Indonesian scientific journal database (ISJD) and Onesearch by Perpustakaan Nasional Republic Indonesia.